Steamboat Springs, Colorado shows off their creative side with the Steamboat Stroll. Not just for kids, this 30-year-old event brings out ghosts and goblins of all ages. Parading down Lincoln Ave, the western-style main street of Steamboat Springs in search of candy this family fun event is an adventure in truly fantastical costumes.
Local businesses open their door to all the to kids 6 and under at 5 pm with the older candy hunters arriving at 5:30- 7 pm. But wait! No Colorado event would be complete without Fido! Costumed pets proudly stroll down the main drag alongside their owners.
The town closes off the street from 5th to 10th for the safety and fun of all the Steamboat Strollers. Taking place on Thursday, October 31, 2019, the event is just the start! Several main street restaurants will offer special prices and Halloween extras too!
Start Your Costume Fun Early
Sugar Skull Painting-Mountain Tap Brewery, simple techniques, materials and extra coloring crafts for kids under 12 available 4-6 pm Oct 27, 2019.
Enchanted Castle- Colorado Mountain College hosts a free evening of Halloween fun with trick-or-treating, a kid’s carnival, treats, and prizes. If possible, those attending are asked to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to CMC Student Food Bank. The event takes place from 4-6 pm at CMC.
Home Grown Fun before the Steamboat Stroll
Kids can’t wait for Halloween to do spooktacular stuff? Try these at home games.
Monster Freeze Dance
Kids just can’t wait to get in their Halloween costumes. Do a rehearsal run with them in the living room with this easy dance game. (Plus this way you will know if the costume needs adjustments before the big Steamboat Stroll.)
- Set up your phone or Alexa with a kid’s Halloween jam.
- Move back the furniture.
- Have all the little princesses and monsters start cutting a groove.
- Turn the music off- everyone freezes.
- If you move you are out.
- Turn your Halloween jams back on and dance.
- If you are the last person left standing after several “freezes” you win!!
Halloween Feel Box
- Grab several shoeboxes or a small Kleenex box works great too! Cut a hole in the lid and fill each one with one of these items
- Label the box with what the little goblins “should feel’ eyeballs, ears, teeth!
- Have your little trick or treaters reach their hands in and guess what the items are or are supposed to be
- No peeking!
Fill your pre- stroll Steamboat boxes with these items.
- Dried apricots – ears
- Peeled grapes or olives – eyeballs (cover these in a salad oil first-eeeh!)
- Fuzzy pipe cleaners – spider legs
- Baby carrots – toes
- Steamed cauliflower – brains
- Candy corn – vampire’s teeth
- Peeled tomato – heart
- Cooked noodles or canned spinach – guts
- Dried pasta – bones
Life Essentials After Steamboat Stroll Halloween Mom’s Special!
You, the hard-working, high achieving Mom will start executing your superpowers for the next 2 months. Right until you flop down on the couch on Jan 1, 2020. Get the party season started right with a massage for $85! ONLY 4 days Nov. 1-2 & 4-5!