Thanksgiving is a celebration of gratitude, of taking the time to appreciate all we have. In Steamboat Springs the trees are usually barren by Thanksgiving and the first snows have fallen. The cold outside makes the warmth of the indoors even more precious. Families reunite to play in the snow, share a meal and remember how wonderful life is.
Below are a few of the best ways to spend Thanksgiving in Steamboat.
1. Cook and take a moment to enjoy the flavor: There’s nothing better than a warm cooked meal with family on Thanksgiving. Go all out, add all the fixings and stuff yourself. Don’t forget the dessert of pumpkin pie, whipped cream, apple pie, cookies or whatever you like.
2. Relax: Take a nap, soak in a bath, or enjoy a massage or couple’s massage. The holidays are a great excuse to take a little down time. Sleep late, snuggle someone you love and be kind to yourself.
3. Give to others: Thanksgiving is about being thankful but also about giving. We recommend making a donation to a non-profit, volunteering your time or serving food to those in need. There are ways each of us can give. The reward for giving is so much greater than the reward of getting.
4. Appreciate Nature: The reason most people come to Steamboat is for the natural beauty. While you can watch the snow fall from inside, there is nothing like feeling snowflakes against your skin, the crunch of boots through the fallen leaves or through the champagne powder. The smells of winter will flood your senses and fill your soul.
5. Tell someone you love him or her. Love is so easy to give, but a lot of times we forget to tell those most important to us how much we love them. Three simple words can make all the difference in a person’s day or in a person’s life.
This Thanksgiving, don’t forget to give, to love and most importantly to take care of yourself. At Life Essentials Day Spa we will be thinking of all of you on Thanksgiving. If you want to come in and let us pamper you, we’d love to have you.