Your wedding party is made up of family, best friends and people who have been or are going to be a significant part of your life (hopefully). For your wedding, especially if this is a destination wedding, people travel short and long distances to be with you, so it’s nice to show your appreciation for all they have done for you over the years.
Below are the top five ways to show appreciation for your wedding party in Steamboat Springs.
1. Create a welcome package for out of town guests. Your welcome package should include things like sunscreen, bottled water, a note about adjusting to altitude, any information they may need about the hotel they are staying at, transportation and a map of the area.
2. Organize a list of area attractions for your guests. You can post this to your website or print it out. This is geared for people who are making an extended vacation to Steamboat and will help them plan out their days. You can include things like visiting Fish Creek Falls, the hot springs, golf courses, bike trails, tours of the botanic gardens or mineral springs downtown. Think of what might appeal to your guests and make it easy for them to find out more about it.
3. Pamper them. If it’s in your budget, treat your maid of honor, your best man, mother and/or mother-in-law or anyone else who has been a huge influence in your life to a day at Life Essentials Day Spa. Life Essentials Day Spa has won the honor of Best in the ‘Boat four years in a row. Choose from massage, facials, spray tans or body scrubs for a full day of relaxation either before or after the wedding.
4. Find a unique location for your rehearsal dinner. Steamboat has a dining experience for every palette. If you want river views try Aurum, Sake2u or E3. If you want mountain views then head to Café Diva or Truffle Pig. For incredible 360 degree views ride the gondola to Hazie’s. Good food and great views makes for a night to remember.
5. At your rehearsal dinner be sure to introduce your wedding party, how you met them and a memorable experience you have shared. These introductions create a starting point for conversations and create a more intimate atmosphere.
Steamboat Springs has so many opportunities for recreation, relaxation and exploration, be sure to spend time with the ones you love experiencing everything Steamboat has to offer.