With 164 inches of snow on the mountain, Steamboat is a wonderland of white, a snowy paradise perfect for a winter wedding. Every year brides flock to this little town in Northwest Colorado to combine their celebration of love and marriage with skiing, outdoor exploration, relaxation and down home hospitality.
If you are planning a winter wedding in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, here is what you need to know.
1. Work with a wedding coordinator. The best way to get what you want for your wedding is to work with someone who knows the town and what Steamboat has to offer as far as catering, decoration, accommodations and more. Visit The Main Event, One Fine Day and SoulSpark Events.
2. Find the perfect venue. From the top of the gondola, to expansive ranches to world-class restaurants, Steamboat has a venue for your wedding that will fit your style and personality.
3. Treat your bridesmaids and groomsmen to a relaxing massage and facial before the wedding. Steamboat’s altitude can take a toll on your skin. The dry air can increase the appearance of wrinkles and long days on the slopes can overwork muscles. Visit Life Essentials Day Spa and reserve the spa for your exclusive bridal party visit (depending on availability and number of people in your party).
4. Let your guests know there’s more to Steamboat than skiing. Steamboat has family activities for every age group and fitness level. Try tubing at Saddleback Ranch, Snowmobiling through Steamboat Snowmobile Tours, Dog Sledding through Steamboat Dog Sledding, soaking in the hot springs at Strawberry Park Hot Springs, or at the Old Town Hot Springs.
5. Eat, drink and be merry. Steamboat has a wide selection of restaurants from family friendly Mazzolas, Brick and Fiesta Jalisco to adult dining at the award winning Café Diva, Sake2U and Laundry. Steamboat’s nightlife abounds from local hangouts like Sunpie’s Bistro to music venues that include Schmiggitys.
Brides who come to Steamboat Springs in the winter time get so much more than a wedding; they get western charm, some of the best skiing in Colorado, activities for the entire family and dining and entertainment that can’t be beat.