Shared experiences have been proven to strengthen relationships. In Steamboat Springs, there are many activities for Valentines Day that lead to a great Valentines’ Night. Check out our 7 favorite things to do for Valentines Day weekend in Steamboat Springs.
- Embark on a light back country adventure. You may be on a different skiing level than your partner, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying the great outdoors together. Look into renting snowshoes and head over to the trails of Howelsen Hill or Rabbit Ears Pass. You can also visit the Steamboat Ski Touring Center with 30K of Trails adjacent to Fish Creek Falls. Be sure to pack a lunch and thermos for a lovely winter picnic!
- Share some Inner Awareness. Practice Yoga with your sweetheart. There are numerous mind and body benefits in the practice of Yoga. Set up your mat next to one another, focus on breathing, and work up a sweat. The Yoga Center of Steamboat offers numerous classes to chose from for all levels. Call 970-870-1522 to reserve a spot.
- Celebrate Creativity, Art and Beauty. Perhaps the great outdoors is not your thing. No matter, Steamboat has many art galleries downtown to stimulate your right brain. After being inspired, be sure to visit the Potter’s Wheel where you can paint pottery with your loved one.
- Schedule a Couples Massage. Life Essentials Day Spa offers their signature Steamboat’s couples massage. You and your loved one can receive a 60 or 90 minute massage while laying side by side. Book a Steamboat Couple’s massage here and treat your significant other to a surprise they will not soon forget! You can even purchase body oils at the spa to continue your own one on one massage at home.
- Book a reservation at one Steamboat’s fine dining establishments. We recommend Cafe Diva for its excellent service, gourmet menu and proximity to the mountain for the torchlight Parade on the Mountain. Another great option for dining on mountain would be the Truffle Pig – a new establishment that offers variety in food and pricing.
- Don’t miss the Torchlight Parade! Each year on Valentines Day, Steamboat Ski Resort hosts a spectacular torchlight parade down the base of Mt. Werner. Watch as skiers illuminate the night with bright red torches. The event starts according to sunset times and is followed by a Fireworks Display.
- Venture up to Strawberry Park Hot Springs. Soak in the soothing naturally heated pools in a rustic outdoor environment. If you are feeling wild, head up at night when it’s clothing optional after dark and no minors are allowed.
Whatever you decide, you can always find your love mojo in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. There’s just something about being in the great outdoors with your sweetheart that can bring the heat to any relationship.